Sample Itinerary for Introduction to Sailing Instruction Experience
- Day 1: On day 1 you will board mid-morning meeting the Captain and Crew and become familiar with the vessel. We will have lunch, discuss student goals & skills, conduct a Navigation Rules Review and sail to our first anchorage where you will watch and participate in operating the vessel under power and sail. ***Note: All-Inclusive meals, snacks, beverages are served daily.
- Night 1: We will focus on a sail plan review & discussion/Q&A You will view a cruising presentation and have a chance to visit with the Captain and Mate for Q&A before retiring to onboard activities.
- Day 2: Students will review the Basic Sail Trim Course materiel. Throughout the busy sailing day, you will plan, and pilot Take Me There as her Master, and crew to our second destination where you will select, navigate to, and occupy the anchorage, and then set the vessel’s ground tackle for the night. Problem solving and cruising Q&A will occur throughout the sailing day.
- Night 2: Upon safely anchoring, students may observe meal preparation to familiarize with galley operations, demonstrated by our chef before a final systems-check review.
- Day 3: Student solo day – departing from the anchorage under student control, we will sail to the marina using the student sail plan. Students will dock and secure the vessel (with Captain mentorship); conduct vessel systems check and participate in a performance review and discuss desired additional instruction experiences before disembarking before dinner.
Expectations: At the end of your Take Me There Sailing – Introduction to Sailing Instruction Experience, you will have enjoyed an immersive sampling of life aboard a large sailing yacht under luxury conditions. You will have started your personal sailing resume; logged 24 hrs (2 days) as vessel crew and 1-day as vessel master aboard a 60ft sailing yacht; and you will have spent valuable Q &A time with a USCG Captain, NauticEd Instructor and an experienced cruising couple. You will have had the opportunity to pilot a large sailing vessel during this Introduction to Sailing Instruction Experience and understand skills required to become the master of your own yacht or continue your education journey toward Bareboat Chartering.
***Note: Take Me There Sailing offers beer, wine and select packaged cocktails as part of our All-Inclusive model. Sailing Instruction period is 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM daily, with one night exercise in the itinerary. No alcoholic beverages will be served to students between 12:00 AM and 6:00 PM daily, or during periods that may impair judgement for designated night exercise periods.
Introduction to Sailing Instruction Experience
$5,525 for 2 guests
Are you looking for a big boat sailing experience?
Let us show you 2-Nights/3-Days of the luxury cruising & sailing life and put you at the helm of our 60-foot Gulfstar Motor-Sailer to acquaint you with the BIG BOAT sailing scene during your Introduction to Sailing Instruction Experience. This is an all-inclusive trip for up to 2 students where both of you want to learn to sail, or one wants to sail and the other wants to enjoy the ride! You will enjoy a taste of the yachting lifestyle under the mentorship of our USCG Captain and NauticEd Sailing Instructor while our Chef and Concierge cater to your needs. (Up to 2 additional guests may join for $700 per guest)
- 2 free online training courses
- Navigation Rules Clinic
- Basic Sail Trim Course
- 2 skill-specific online courses
- Maneuvering Under Power
- Anchoring a Sailboat
- Electronic Logbooks
- Vessel and onboard expenses including fuel, food, beverages, linens, cleaning, and all sundry items
- Lodging in private, luxury accommodations (double-occupancy)
- Restaurant quality meals, snacks, beverages
- Instructor/USCG Licensed Captain
Excludes: Transportation, Airfare, Off-Boat Excursions
Pre-qualification Requirements: No prerequisites for this Introduction to Sailing Instruction Experience!
Note: Dates shown in red are currently unavailable/booked.