Sample Itinerary for Bareboat Charter Master Instruction
This is a 25-night/26-day comprehensive learning, training, practice, and testing itinerary for Bareboat Charter Master Instruction. As an all-inclusive experience for up to 2 students or 1-student and 1-guest, luxury lodging and restaurant-quality meals, snacks, and beverages are provided aboard for your entire experience along with our signature concierge-level service. The training base location is Punta Gorda, FL. The training area includes Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf of Mexico. Training/testing occurs daily between 9 AM and 6 PM. Self-study, Instructor review, Exams, Q&A and recreational activities are from 6 PM to 9 PM daily. There is plenty of time for rest and rejuvenation so you can absorb the learning and enjoy the experience!
- Day/Night 1: Introductions, Boarding & Vessel Familiarization; Departure/Arrival Docking practice, Skills Practice Underway, Review, Self-Study.
- Day/Night 2-4: Vessel Systems, Above/Below Deck Familiarization, Navigation, Sail Trim, Maneuvering (Power & Sail), Anchoring courses, nightly Skills Review, Exams or Self-Study
- Day/Night 5-7: Departures, Docking, Close Quarter Maneuver, Practical Exercises & problem solving, Sailing in open water, Anchoring, nightly Review, Exams or self-study.
- Day/Night 8-10: Coastal and Electronic Navigation courses, Practical Exercises – Open Water Sailing, nightly Review, Exams or self-study
- Day/Night 11-16: Skipper – Large Keelboat Coursework, hands on application/practice, Anchoring, nightly Review, Exams or self-study.
- Day/Night 17-21: Bareboat Charter coursework, hands-on application/practice, Anchoring, nightly Review, Exams or self-study.
- Day/Night 22-25: Bareboat Charter Master – Practical Competency Assessment, Anchorage, Written Exam, Government Boating License administration, Anchoring, Instructor Q&A, Celebrate!
- Day 26: Return to Marina, SLC Certification Administration, Mid Afternoon Disembark.
This itinerary can be customized in the following ways:
- Executed as a continuous schedule over 26 days.
- Segmented into 4 equal “quarter” itineraries equaling 26 days.
- Segmented into custom segments based on your schedule totaling 26 days.
- Customized to a “non-all-inclusive” 26-day custom schedule where you do not desire lodging or concierge-level support and all daily operations originate from the base dock. This option’s price is $28,600
Student Take Aways: At the end of your Take Me There Bareboat Charter Master Experience, providing you meet all prerequisites and pass Rubric based assessment requirements, you will be qualified for the SLC. Our instructor team will assist you in obtaining a valid national government boating endorsed license providing you have appropriate US ID credentials.
***Note: Take Me There Sailing offers beer, wine and select packaged cocktails as part of our All-Inclusive model. The sailing Instruction period is 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM daily, with one night exercise in the itinerary. No alcoholic beverages will be served to students between 12:00 AM and 6:00 PM daily, or during periods that may impair judgment for designated night exercise periods.
Bareboat Charter Master Instruction
Do you dream of bareboating in exotic places but are tired of being told “no” by bareboat charter companies that don’t respect your ASA credentials and require you to hire a captain?
$36,703 for 2 guests
Our Bareboat Charter Master Instruction is an intense and comprehensive schedule aboard our 60-foot ketch-rigged, luxury sailing yacht where you will receive high-quality training and assessment while enjoying unrivaled concierge-level, all-inclusive service during your time aboard.
Are you ready to commit to some serious bareboat charter master instruction sailing education and experience to achieve an internationally accepted sailing license? The Take Me There Sailing Bareboat Charter Master Experience is the education, learning, practice, and certification opportunity for you! This comprehensive instruction experience prepares and tests you for the International Sailing License and Credentials (SLC). Our Chief Instructor is certified to test/assess for this license for monohull and catamaran up to 70 ft. Learn more about the SLC. We are pleased to offer the SLC through our NauticEd* partner.
*As a government-recognized sailing body, once NauticEd deems that a student has met the licensing and credential requirements, NauticEd issues the SLC. This SLC serves as a valid Sailing License accepted internationally and meets the requirements to bareboat.
Our BEST comprehensive learning experience:
If you have limited experience, have a novice sailing resume, or want a highly focused and regimented training opportunity, our 4-week comprehensive bareboat charter master instruction itinerary is for you. The goal of this opportunity is for you to achieve the SLC. This is a 26-day all-inclusive Itinerary consisting of 15 days of intense E-Learning, instruction, hands-on application, and testing, plus 9 days of self-study, practice, and all-inclusive recreation for up to 2 people. Come to us with at least 30 days of logged sailing days, and we will teach, train and test you so that you meet all the required sailing time and qualifications for the SLC!
- Prequalification Requirements: At least 30 logged days of sailing as crew with at least 5 days as master of the vessel.
If you have a mature sailing resume and you have bare-boated before (while hiring a captain), then consider our SLC Express itinerary which will review and test (only).
Cost: SLC Express Experience: $11,750.00 – Learn More about our SLC Express Experience.
Bareboat Charter Master Instruction Includes:
- 9 online training courses for up to 2 students (w/virtual instructor mentoring)
- Navigation Rules Clinic
- Basic Sail Trim Course
- Sail Trim Clinic
- Maneuvering Under Power
- Anchoring a Sailboat
- Skipper Course
- Bareboat Charter
- Coastal Navigation
- Electronic Navigation
- Electronic Logbooks and sailing resume with appropriate logged sailing time to meet SLC requirements – 200 hours (25 days) of logged sailing time as Master of a 60ft (18 meters) sailing vessel.
- Vessel and onboard expenses for up to 2 people
- Lodging in private, luxury accommodations (private cabin available for each student)
- Restaurant quality meals, snacks, beverages
- Instructor/USCG Licensed Captain
Excludes: Transportation, Airfare, Off-Boat Excursions
Note: Dates shown in red are currently unavailable/booked.